Sunday, June 6, 2010

Treadmill or Elliptical? What cha think?


Look at that cougar go, RAWR!

For about 2 weeks (even when I wasn't working out), I started to wonder and research which workout machine would one benefit from: the treadmill or the elliptical? I've worked out on both in the past and even now and I honestly believe that they both can whoop some ass and make ya sweat, of course depending on settings and whatever program the machine is set for. But I have also heard from other people say they do not get anything out of a treadmill workout and favor the elliptical and others say vice versa.



OkGo! Rockin' it out on the treadmill

I talked to my dad (the super duper weight-lifin', marathon running, whey protein drinkin' mofo) about it and he believes the treadmill is the thing to do for weight loss. When he got hired on at the jail last fall, he started at 217 and on his 54th birthday (May 23rd) he is now 180. He says that working out on the treadmill, your using more muscles and burning more fat, especially if your running.

From personal experience, I like the elliptical. When I first started this weight loss deal, I discovered it's hard for a 270+ big gal to truck it on the treadmill for 30 minutes and feel good after wards, hell naw! However, a friend of mine introduced me to the elliptical and found it was much much easier to workout on. The elliptical is easy on the joints and doesn't hurt the shins, as high intensity treadmill work does for an obese person (trust me, I know).

So, here's my plan... I'll try the treadmill training and see if I come along farther than what I have with the elliptical. I've actually started this 2 days ago and so far, I've gone from 275 to 270 as of today (along with plenty of water and lessened the fried food intake). At the end of the month, I hope to end up at 250. Welp, I'll leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment