Friday, May 21, 2010

Bird in My Purse!

What the deuce is going on?! welcome to my first blog, first entry, where you not only read about the randomness of me and my rants, but mostly where I'll record my weight loss.

I've been struggling with being a heavy girl since I was in the fifth grade. I mean, I learned how to read thanks to the golden glow of the golden arches, the oddly shaped Hut on the Pizza Hut signs. Ma and Pa Al-Amin were proud that they had a smart girl on their hands, but little did they know this tiny Keithia would end up a 278 pound super-sized Keeto. Observe (Beginning week):





Both pictures were taken late April of this year. Seeing these pictures made me cringe because I never thought I would or could ever get so heavy and be so unhappy with myself. That day I decided it was time for a change. I got tired of being not only unhappy with myself and where I was, but I was tired all the time, not enthusiastic about anything, basically I wasn't the Keithia I once was years ago, I hated it!

I started slow by working out at least twice a week. The first week, I struggled to do a mile on the eliptical (which took damn near 20 minutes to complete), but it got done. Though I was slowly but surely getting active again, my diet was a different story.: Mcdonalds on the daily, eating large Little Caesars pizzas and a bag of breadsticks to myself, skipping breakfast and wasting $20+ dollars on fast food for lunch was how I was rolling and it took a minute for me to catch onto how I was killing myself...So I joined Weight Watchers May 2, 2010.

The first meeting was intimidating but the group was very quick to welcome me in as one of their own and the leader reminded me that I wasn't alone in this trip down weight loss hell. After that meeting and going over the material, Weight Watchers made losing weight look like a game: I choose what I eat and the lower the point values for the food, the more points I have to play with AND I lose weight! Working out while doing Weight Watchers was optional, but after getting back into working out again, I didn't want to drop the regimen. First week of Weight Watchers I yo-yo'd between losing 5-7 pounds (woot, right?) and I got an effin' A sticker for it! A whole sticker for losing fat that was once stored in the fat pouch in my back! See (2nd Week):





It's not much of a difference from the first pics but oh well..But then the following week I gained 2 MF'n pounds, but lost 3 more an hour later. Today I dropped Weight Watchers. I found out that being on it slows down your metabolism and fluctuates your weight. Even my leader who's been doing Weight Watchers since the Great Depression has had to quit at some point and pick it back up! Anyhow, Here's me week 3:



This picture was taken last weekend on our way to Atlanta. Looks like I lost a little, yay!

Now that I won't be using Weight Watchers Point system to help me out, I gotta do this on my own. Weight Watchers did benefit me when it came to learning when I got hungry, when I was satisfied, and definitely with new recipes and learning to substitute fatty foods for the healthier. Goodbye Weight Watchers, your tedious point system and expensive will not be missed! As for my workouts, I no longer struggle to get that mile in! In a matter of 3 weeks, I went from a mile in 20 minutes to 3 miles in 27 minutes (as of today). It's a beautiful thing!

Welp, time to watch Smack Down! La8er days!


P.S. My jam of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment